Child Sexual Exploitation is a type of sexual abuse that involves children being given items such as gifts, money, or affection in return for performing sexual activities or allowing others to perform sexual activities with them.
This course will provide a basic overview of Child Sexual Exploitation and grooming and is extracted from our larger course ‘Safeguarding Children’.
This course will enable the learner to:
- Explain what Child Sexual Exploitation is
- List some of the indicators of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Explain what grooming is and how it links to exploitation
- List some of the behaviours that may indicate when a child is being groomed
- Describe the action that should be taken if you suspect a child is subject to sexual exploitation
Any member of an organisation requiring a base level understanding of the subject.