Who Would Benefit
The Absence Management training course is designed for managers, team leaders and supervisors with direct reports and responsibility for managing sickness absences.
Delegates will learn to improve absence management in the business. This training course is designed to help managers to manage sickness and absence within the confines of the company’s Sickness and Absence policy and within the confines of good employment practices defined by the boundaries of the law.
The training course aims to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to manage absence effectively.
• CPD Points: 6
• Training Course Category: Management & Leadership
• Training Course Duration: 1 day
• Training Course Location: Virtual, online or classroom-based
At the end of this training course the delegate can:
• Manage absence effectively
• Improve levels of absenteeism
• Understand why people are absent
• Handle different types of absence
• Manage expectations
The Programme Includes:
• What is absence? ~ The ‘policy’ definition
• The legal position
•The ‘Sickness and Absence Management Policy’
• Understanding and interpretation
• Implementing the policy
• The role of the line manager
• Understanding absenteeism
• Possible reasons for absence from work
• The employee’s perspective
• Avoiding absenteeism issues
• Managing absence
• Persistent short-term absence & long-term absence
• When absence becomes a disciplinary issue
• Dismissal on grounds of ill health
• Dismissal on grounds of persistent absenteeism
No Reviews found for this course.